Ramadan Series 16
In Islam, we are obligated and advised to seek knowledge. And authenticate it before practice. We are also encouraged to teach it out and not to keep only for ourselves. As can be understood in these verses:
1) ".....they could devote themselves to studies in religion, and admonish the people when they return to them, -that thus they (may learn) to guard themselves (against evil)", (Qur'an 9:122).
2) "Allah will raise those who believe among you and those who were given knowledge, by many degrees. And Allah is All-Aware of what you do", (Suratul-Mujadila 58:11).
The Prophet SAW also said:
1) The best are those that benefit humanity, (Al-Mu'jam Al-Awsat).
2) Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim, (Sunan Ibn Majah).
3) The best of you are those who learn Qur'an and teach it, (Sahih Bukhari).
May Allah SWT increase us in authentic knowledge.