For Mirakee to achieve the vision with which it was created, it is important to make each and every one of you feel like a part of our family.
While there are cordial relationships among fellow Mirakeeans, there have been certain reports of plagiarism and objectionable content on the app. We understand the gravity of this issue and continuously strive to make this platform a pleasant experience for all of you and to eliminate any elements of discontent and disgrace. Plagiarism is a serious issue for all writers and for us. We have always dealt with it sternly and will continue to take this issue with utmost concern.
In order to aid our ongoing fight against plagiarism, we are introducing a new feature that allows the Mirakeeans to not only report objectionable/plagiarised content but also keep track of the status of such reports. It functions as follows :
1. On reporting on a post, you can now provide brief details and links supporting the report which can include the website link from which it’s copied, if reason of reporting is plagiarism.
2. A reporting section is introduced which is available on the notification screen. All the reports made by users can now be viewed by every user of Mirakee. You can also view the status of reports made by you, in the reports status tab available on the reports screen.
3. You can upvote on a report signifying the validity of the report and you can also downvote on a report if you feel the report is invalid. This way all the Mirakeeans will help keep Mirakee clean and help the admins screen the reports.
4. To prevent misuse of this feature, incorrect voting or reporting over three times will lead to your reporting/voting rights being revoked. Kindly don’t misuse this feature.
4. Each report will be available for all Mirakeeans to screen for 24–48h after which it will be sent to the admin to review. The admin will issue a strike to the user if the report is valid and dismiss it otherwise.
5. Strikes — on receiving the first strike, your post will be deleted and you will be issued a warning. The second strike would lead to your post being deleted and your posting and commenting rights will be revoked for 2 weeks. Your account will be terminated on receiving the third strike.
6. You can appeal a strike by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and mentioning a valid reason.
7. Please do not take reports personally, if your content is not plagiarised, your post will not be deleted and no action will be taken.
Remember we are all a part of this family and it’s our responsibility to make sure that we fight this battle against plagiarism together.
Senryu (also called human haiku) is an unrhymed Japanese verse consisting of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables (5, 7, 5) or 17 syllables in all. Senryu is usually written in the present tense and only references to some aspect of human nature or emotions. They possess no references to the natural world and thus stand out from nature/seasonal haiku.